Parks & Recreation Programs
Oxford Civic Center:
- Senior aerobics: Free, low impact class with Lyn Brown (instructor) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Day camp: Every summer, spring break, and fall break we offer camps for children ages 6-12. Registration starts February 1st.
- Cheerleading: We offer cheerleading for PARD tackle-football teams every fall. Registration starts in June.
- Karate: On Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., our instructor Mike Mangham offers karate classes for those interested. Participants must be at least 7 years old. The classes cost $45.00 per month.
- Tennis: Individual and group lessons for all ages and levels are offered by Gene Hosford (certified instructor) at the 8-court tennis complex. Cost: individual lesson = $25/hour, group lessons (3-6 participants) = $10/hour, doubles clinics = $25 per person per session, youth (10 & under) = $5 per child per session, cardio tennis = $10/hour. For more information, contact Gene at email@example.com or 256-453-3037
Friendship Community Center:
- Art classes: Several times per year, art instructor Jack Hadder offers six-week courses in various types of art. The art classes are held on Mondays in Room B from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The classes cost $60.00 per month.
- Cheernastic: We offer our famous "Tumbletime" weekly for children 3 years old and up. For prices and schedules, visit Friendship Community Center!
- On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to noon, we invite you to drop off your children (ages 3-5) for fun play and learning with Mary Wood. It costs $100.00 per month. If you have any questions, please contact Mary on 256-831-267
Bynum Community Center:
- Senior Dance: 1st Saturday of every month. Featuring "The Fun Tyme Band." $5.00 admission
- Fitness and Flexibility Class: This is a gree low impact aerobic class offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. For more information, call our certified instructor, Lyn Brown on 256-241-2716
- Zumba Fitness: Come join Stacey Lloyd (instructor) on Mondays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for fun Zumba workouts. It costs $3.00 per class or $20.00 per month
- The Arc of Calhoun and Cleburne Counties: Every summer, the Arc hols two 3-week summer camps for special need children at Bynum Community Center. The Arc of Calhoun and Cleburne Counties is a 501(c)3 non-profit which serves individuals with intellectual /developmental disabilities and their families through support, education, advocacy, and public awareness so that they can reach their chosen goals.