Parks & Recreation Programs
Oxford Civic Center:
- Senior aerobics: Free, low impact class with Lyn Brown (instructor) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Day camp: Every summer, spring break, and fall break we offer camps for children ages 6-12. Registration starts February 1st.
- Cheerleading: We offer cheerleading for PARD tackle-football teams every fall. Registration dates are in May and June. Please call for dates/times.
- Tennis: Individual and group lessons for all ages and levels are offered by Gene Hosford (certified instructor) at the 8-court tennis complex. Cost: individual lesson = $25/hour, group lessons (3-6 participants) = $10/hour, doubles clinics = $25 per person per session, youth (10 & under) = $5 per child per session, cardio tennis = $10/hour. For more information, contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-453-3037
Friendship Community Center:
- Art classes: Several times per year, art instructor Jack Hadder offers four-week courses in various types of art. The art classes are held on Mondays in Room B from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The classes cost $60.00 per month.
- Karate: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., our instructor Mike Mangham offers karate classes for those interested. Participants must be at least 7 years old. The classes cost $45.00 per month.
- Yoga: Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Bluegrass Jam Session: In our kitchen area, we invite the public to a free and fun jam session on Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Bring your favorite instrument!
- Senior Citizen Volleyball: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., all senior citizens are welcome to play volleyball in our gym. The activity is free so come out and bring a friend!
- Pre-School: Classes are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30am to noon; For 3, 4, and 5 year olds. Must be potty-trained. Immunization Blue Slip Required. Space is limited. Call for availability. 256-405-5088. Teacher: Mary Wood. $100 per month. $45 Registration and Supply Fee.
Bynum Community Center:
- Senior Dance: 1st Saturday of every month. Featuring live music. $5.00 admission
- Fitness and Flexibility Class: This is a free low impact aerobic class offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. For more information, call our certified instructor, Lyn Brown on 256-241-2716
- Zumba Fitness: Come join Stacey Lloyd (instructor) on Mondays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for fun Zumba workouts. It costs $3.00 per class or $20.00 per month
- The Arc of Calhoun and Cleburne Counties: Every summer, the Arc conducts two 3-week summer camps for special need children at Bynum Community Center. The Arc of Calhoun and Cleburne Counties is a 501(c)3 non-profit which serves individuals with intellectual /developmental disabilities and their families through support, education, advocacy, and public awareness so that they can reach their chosen goals.